When it comes to winning over new customers, every little bit helps. If only there was a way to stand out from every other HVAC, plumbing, or electrical company. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to show your customers how great you, your company, and your products are in a way that doesn’t scream “just take our word for it”? A positive message about your company becomes much more powerful when it’s coming from someone other than you. We call it borrowing authority, and an insanely easy way to do this is by earning awards.
Awards are one of the most powerful, and often underutilized, influences on customers, even though they often mean very little and are sometimes very easy to win. It not only helps grow new customers, but it will also help you close more HVAC sales with those customers, will help recruit new team members, and is a huge differentiator from other HVAC, plumbing, and electrical companies.
How to Use Awards as a Tool
There are a few ways to utilize awards as a tool. When it comes to your customers, some easy ways to put your award to work are by adding it to your website, including it in your presentation system, doing press releases through email to generate interest, and making announcements about them on various social media platforms. As mentioned before, this is an effective way to set you apart from your competition.
Awards can also be a powerful recruiting tool. Be sure to mention them in your recruiting ads. Line the walls of your office with awards to help facilitate a culture within your HVAC, plumbing, or electrical company of excellence and a winning mentality. Also, make announcements to your team when you win an award, using it as a way to encourage and congratulate hard work.
Things to Consider
When searching for awards, it is important to consider a few key factors. The first is from whom you are receiving the award. The message that your company is amazing becomes especially potent when it comes from someone that people already know, like, and trust. Even so, having any awards to your name is better than having none.
Which leads to the next point of consideration: how easy is it to win the award? Can you nominate yourself? Often times you can make a category or help create an award so you have little to no competition for winning it. There’s nothing wrong with going after low-hanging fruit.
Lastly, you’ll want to ask yourself how relevant the award is to your business and customers. You may already have awards about sales volume from distributors, but this kind of reward is difficult to translate to your customer base. Awards that are local or about customer service are instantaneously more relevant. Also try looking for safety awards, service awards, local awards, and awards for being in business any length of time.
Keep in mind that it isn’t necessary for an award to check each of these boxes to justify going after it. The more awards you have to help validate your service, the better. Just be sure that once you get them, you talk about them EVERYWHERE. You will be surprised how powerful even the most obscure award can be for growing your business.
Types of Awards You Can Win
Truth be told, there aren’t an abundance of awards out there for HVAC, plumbing, or electrical companies. Look for local awards issued by trusted newspapers, radio stations, or your local chamber of commerce. Also, look into awards that come from companies who work specifically with HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and other home service industries. Realtors, insurance agencies, and consulting companies like Clover may have awards that you are eligible for.
Awards Clover Offers
Here at Clover, we give some amazing awards for home service industries like HVAC, plumbing, and electrical companies. Here are just a few of the great people we’ve been able to work with and present with well-deserved awards.
Just look at those excited faces! And the best part is that there are 9 different awards that we give to our clients who reach milestones in their business.
- Money Making Millionaire- This award is given to contractors that generated over 1million in sales in ONE MONTH for the first time. Time to turn your walk-in closet into a bank vault… you are going to need the space.
- Mega Money Making Millionaire – This award is given to contractors that generated over 10 million in sales in ONE MONTH for the first time. I just spoke with the president, and we have decided to put your face on the new $1 Million Dollar Bill.
- 8 Figure Club – This award is given to contractors that generated over 10 million in sales for the first time.
- 25X Award – This award is given to contractors that generated over 25 million in sales for the first time.
- 50X Award – This award is given to contractors that generated over 50 million in sales for the first time.
- 75X Award – This award is given to contractors that generated over 75 million in sales for the first time.
- 9 Figure Club – This award is given to contractors that generated over 100 million in sales for the first time.
- Take it to the Bank Award – This award is given to contractors that have grown over 30% in revenue from the year before. Contractor revenue must be at a minimum of $5 Million to qualify.
- Deep Pockets Award – This award is given to the contractor with the largest single-year growth in Revenue $$$ among all members and clients.
- GPF Ambassador – The contractor was voted by the Clover Marketing team to be this year’s living example of Growth, Profit, and Fun.
- Mr. Hussle Award – This award is given to the contractor that implemented incredibly this year and is poised for HUGE growth. This is chosen by the Clover Marketing team and is our most prestigious award.
We’d love to make you just as excited and happy! If you think you might qualify click here to get started!